I’m always on the lookout for new skincare and beauty products to try, and Lush is one company that never fails to disappoint. I first started using their products when I was in grad school and living in Denver. After spending my life in Louisiana, my skin and hair didn’t know how to survive in a climate that didn’t consist of 90% humidity on a daily basis. A friend of mine happened to live near a Lush store in Austin, TX and swore by the quality of its products. So, when I learned a new store was opening near me in Denver, I decided to give it a try. If the amazing scents and results I got from their products didn’t hook me, the ethically bought, organic ingredients and cruelty-free policies of the company ensured that I became a lifelong customer. Below is a list of some of my favorite Lush items that I always keep stocked in my bathroom cabinets.
- Mint Julips Lip Scrub – This was my first purchase from Lush. As I mentioned, my skin and hair were not adapting well to the arid climate of Colorado, and my lips were no exception. It seemed as though no matter how much water I drank or moisturizer I applied, my lips always looked as though I’d been wandering through the desert for several days. Not only did this scrub make my lips look smooth again, it’s primarily made of sugar, so it tastes delicious, as well.
2. Mask of Magnaminty – As I’ve gotten older, I’ve become more committed to my skincare regimen (thanks to some fine lines around my eyes that weren’t there several years ago). I use this face mask twice a week, as it’s sensitive enough to not irritate my skin and effective enough to leave it feeling silky smooth.
3. Imperialis Moisturizer – Since my skin is slightly sensitive, I often have trouble finding a facial moisturizer that will keep it hydrated without causing me to breakout. I love Imperialis because it keeps my face feeling moisturized all day without feeling too heavy or oily. Plus, the scent of orange blossom helps to wake me up on mornings when I need a little extra motivation to get moving.
4. Happy Hippy Shower Gel – While I normally opt for more sugary scented shower gels (I like to smell like a walking cupcake), this is my favorite shower gel to use when the weather starts to warm up. Although my instincts are to go into an air conditioned hibernation when the temperature gets above 85 degrees outside, the invigorating scent of grapefruit helps to wake me up and get me moving on the laziest of summer mornings.
5. Buffy Body Butter – This has got to be one of my most favorite products from Lush, as it not only exfoliates my skin but locks in moisture. It’s perfect to use at any point during the year when you want silky smooth results.
6. Tea Tree Water Toner – I recently switched from using an alcohol-based facial toner to this, and it has made all the difference in the look and feel of my skin. Whereas before I was prone to dry patches by the evening, I now have perfectly balanced and moisturized skin throughout the day. To use, I spritz it on twice daily after washing my face and let it air dry before applying any moisturizers.